If you are interested in a traditional summer camp for gifted learners please check out SOAR Camp. The dates are July-29-Aug 3 and is located in upper central Wi. Two SP students went last year and liked it. They changed the admission to include 7th- 9th graders this year.
- Cabins with bunk-style beds and a camp counselor
- Swimming, canoeing, and kayaking
- Mess hall style eating
- Campfires and cook-outs
- Limited technology
What do we mean by “gifted” programming?
- This camp will be different from home and school
- It is relational, participatory, and will be a safe place for students to be gifted
- Program leadership by adults trained in working with gifted students
- In addition to traditional summer camp activities, additional program elements will be offered designed to engage the minds of advanced learners
- Camaraderie, networking, and building friendships with other gifted students
Special program elements for gifted students will include:
- S.T.E.M. Activities (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics)
- Writing, Art, and Creative Expression
- Challenge Courses and Team Building
- Leadership Training
- SENG (Supporting the Emotional Needs of the Gifted) Workshop for parents
- and more!