The SENG Model Parent Group (SMPG)
The Neighborhood House, 29 S. Mills St., Madison, WI
Thursdays, 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm
June 18, to August 6, 2015
Cost of program: $100 (sliding scale available)
Katherine Peterson, Facilitator, 847-508-0984, firstname.lastname@example.org
What is SMPG?
• We are a group of parents concerned with the welfare of gifted children.
• We are creating community through discussion.
• We welcome everyone who wonders if their child is gifted, who seeks
support for understanding giftedness, 2e* challenges, learning differences,
motivation, advocation, intensity, perfectionism, underachievement and much
• SMPG was created by SENG (Supporting Emotional Needs of Gifted).
Who are the facilitators?
• Katherine Peterson is a SENG-trained Facilitator since 2009, Co-Founder
of Entelechia, Inc., providing support for gifted families in Madison.
• Co-facilitators from the Madison-area gifted community.
• Parent of gifted children who have accessed education through public,
private, home school, early college and many other creative educational
What do we offer?
• The book, A Parents Guide to Gifted Children is included in the fee and is
our catalyst for exploration
• 10-week discussion group
• Helpful resources
• Positive conversation
• Knowledgeable support
• Constructive discussion facilitation
* 2e is an acronym for “twice-exceptional”; kids are both gifted and have a learning,
emotional, behavioral, or social challenge.