The 5 categories of giftedness include,intellectual, academic, CREATIVE, artistic, and leadership.
This post is dedicated to the area of creativity.
Characteristics of Creative People: many original ideas, different from the norm, resist conformity, possess strong visualization and imagination abilities. Might show impulsive tendencies.
Creative and imaginative people are often not recognized by society. We only have to look at history to see how some people achieved greatness despite what others thought of them.
- Einstein-was 4 years old before he started talking and didn’t read until the age of seven.
- Isaac Newton-did poorly in grade school.
- Beethoven-his music teacher said he was hopeless as a composer.
- Thomas Edison-teachers told him he was too stupid to learn anything.
- Walt Disney– was fired from a newspaper job because his boss said he didn’t have any good ideas.
- Louisa May Alcott-was told by her editor that she could never write anything that had popular appeal.
To celebrate the creative students from the Sauk Prairie district I, along with the art and classroom teachers, chose fourteen 5th graders to attend the Creative Arts Festival April 7th, in Wautoma.We are anticipating a super day!